Who are we?
National Property Projects Pty Ltd (trading as Jim’s Real Estate) ACN 621 926 896 (a company incorporated under the laws of Australia), Franchisors, Franchisees, and contractors within the ‘Jim’s’ system.
What this policy covers
This policy covers data that we process and store about:
- People who visit our websites;
- People who sign up to our newsletters and updates; and
- Our customers of Jim’s who use the services of its franchisees.
Information we may collect and process about you
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site;
- Your name, email address, physical address and source of contact when you sign up to request educational information or marketing communications.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Where we store your information
Your personal information may be stored on a server in the United States of America. Furthermore, if your personal information has been obtained in a country outside Australia, your personal information may be transferred to Australia.
The Jim’s Real Estate office is situated in Melbourne, Australia. Any information you provide us will be held securely at our premises.
How we use your information
- To provide Jim’s Real Estate services and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Jim’s Real Estate franchisees, this includes customer feedback surveys on any services provided to you by Jim’s Real Estate or it’s franchisee, theses customer feedback surveys are integral to the transaction, it enables Jim’s Real Estate to improve services to you and address any concerns which may arise, but you are not obliged to respond to a request for customer feedback.
- To notify you about changes to our services or our terms and conditions.
- We may invite you to sign up to our newsletter, which provides general information about our business, the services offered and information about franchising.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, such as handling the processing and delivery of newsletter mailings, processing transactions, surveys, or performing statistical analysis of our services. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service. In some instances, these companies may collect information directly from you. In these cases, you will be notified of the involvement of the external service provider. In all cases, these companies are subject to agreements that require them to maintain the confidentiality of your information and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
How long we retain data
We have to keep information about our customers for a period of time specified by current legislation to comply with certain legal, tax and accounting rules.
We have a policy in place covering data protection, confidentiality and security and we review regularly the appropriateness of the measures we take to keep the data that we hold secure.
Whenever we transfer personal data, we use secure connections and whenever we store personal data it is encrypted.
Privacy of Children
If you are less than 18 years old, please do not send any user information to us–including information such as your name, address, or e-mail address. We do not knowingly collect (nor do we wish to collect) any personally identifiable information or other user information from children under the age of 18. In the event that we learn we have collected any personal information from a child under the age of 18, we will delete that information from our database and terminate the corresponding account, if any.
Social Media Widgets
Your rights about your data
If we’re sending you information or marketing communications that you no longer want to receive, you can unsubscribe easily using the features and links we provide in each email we send.
- Ask us what data we hold about you and make sure it’s correct.
- Ask for a copy of your personal data or ask us to delete all your personal data.
When you make a request to access personal information, we will require you to provide some form of identification (such as a driver’s licence or passport) so we can verify that you are the person to whom the information relates, and that you identify the type/s of information requested
If we do hold information about you, we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to;
- let you have a copy.
If you believe that any information, we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us at the below address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
As Required By Law
Jim’s Real Estate may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law such as to comply with a subpoena or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the edicts of the law, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process served on Jim’s or to protect and defend the rights or property of Jim’s.
Notice to EU Individuals: Jim’s Real Estate will not process your user information without a lawful basis to do so, as such bases are defined in Article 6 of the GDPR. In general, Jim’s Real Estate will process your user information on the legal bases of consent, contract (if you have entered into an agreement with us and such processing is a necessary part thereof), or legal obligation (as noted above). Jim’s Real Estate may also process certain user information on the basis of the following legitimate interests, provided that such interests are not overridden by your privacy rights and interests: delivering and continuing to develop and improve the website and services, learning from your behaviour on the website (e.g. analysing traffic) to better serve you and other website users, helping us modify or enhance the website and its content, receiving insight as to what users do (and don’t) like about our services, website or aspects thereof, and providing a stable, consistent, and secure user experience in connection with the website and services.
You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for all privacy related matters. Please address your correspondence to “Privacy: Legal Department”.
This policy was last updated November 2018.